Tuesday, October 7

Film

I enjoy this picture because it's interesting and kind of perplexing. My film camera is so old crappy so whenever I get my film developed, the people who worked on it always complain about the film getting stuck in canister. In ninety percent of my rolls, there's at least one photo where the next photograph overlaps into the next one, such as this. I really like how this looks, and i think the way the left image is incredibly over exposed plays off well with the right image that's kind of ruined from my camera. 

3 comments:

Vanessa O said...

Siobhan, this picture is sick! I love the randomness of the pic-like i would never have guessed that this picture was overlapped with half of another. It almost looks as if the left side of the picture is in sepia and being overexposed makes it more interesting. The right side leaves the viewer in awe and wondering what the other picture was supposed to be of. I think that if the left side of the picture was in sharper focus it would create a more dramatic look =)

kflagg said...

I love the way this picture just made me think for a really long time :)

Meg Staff said...

I love you and I love this picture! I really like the semi-antique look of it and I think that the overlapping of photos just makes it even more interesting.<333