Thursday, October 30

smiley face!

I decided to post this picture to the blog becasue it is different than anything I have ever tried. It was taken at about 8 o clock at night (pitch black outside) and I turned off all the lights in my house. I put my camera on a 15 second exposure and shined a flashlight to get the camera to capture its light. I moved the flashlight around in a circle, turned it off, did the eyes, and so forth. Although you can still see some other details, I think its a pretty cool start to learning about long exposures and night photography. =)

4 comments:

Meg Staff said...

Katie... This picture is CRAZY!!!! How did you get this picture? did you put it on a tripod and timer? or did someone else use the flashlight? what is that behind the smiley face? The slight blur. I guess all i can recommend is maybe cropping off the white wall. But then again, I like it there because it makes it look more like a picture than a drawing.

MeghanFarrell said...

This is such an awesome picture. I love it, it's really different and I like the thought put into it. I think that if you had cropped out the wall or had not gotten it in the picture, it could make for a more interesting picture, but it's still wicked cool.

siobhan mangan said...

this is so so so cool.
I like the wall there too, just because i feel like it makes it more of a photograph.
This is really awesome.

siobhan mangan said...

this is so so so cool.
I like the wall there too, just because i feel like it makes it more of a photograph.
This is really awesome.