Sunday, November 6

McGarry_Ocarina

This is a picture I took of an ocarina my mum brought back from Texas. The picture turned out blurry and weird, but I ended up using it over the other ones I took (which were much sharper) because of the way the ocarina itself is in almost perfect focus while the rest of the picture is not. I liked that a lot, but I couldn't recreate the effect, so even though there is a little piece of string in the lower right that I forgot to remove, I decided to post this one and see what you all think. This was taken at night, indoors, with no flash and a single light source coming from the upper right.

3 comments:

Nick said...

This is an interesting photo. I like the lighting and the colors on the ocarina. I think the fact that the photo is blurry is distracting. Also, the white and black strings draw the attention away from the ocarina.

Yulu Liu said...

i love this one.such a good photo.

Trevor H. said...

Now I really like the idea of using the motion blur and reflections to clearly point the viewer at a certain location, but this doesn't really look like a picture that I would really want to do that. The figures in the background, of whatever they are, do look more distracting being blurred out than lets say a solid color surface. Although like I said, brilliant idea, but where it was practiced, not really favored.