Sunday, May 12

Duchaney_Tulip

I took this with my Canon Powershot SX110IS of the inside of a pink tulip during class time. I held it up to the sun so the light would shine through like stained glass, and I really like how the overlapping petals show through. I also like how the design is so geometric with radial symmetry, unlike how we usually percieve a tulip.  I'm really impressed with how, even though there is no human influence in the photo, it still manages to appear like a manmade design in opposed to what one might percieve as natural. It reminds me of a Georgia O'Keeffe painting. The texture of the petals even look like brush strokes. In this way, it does not come accross to me as a "nature" shot at all even though it is. However, I wish the focus was sharper.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I absolutely love this photo! The colors are so bright, and I really like how focused you managed to get this. I can see the different textures of smoothness and fuzziness. I also like how the light is peeking through the flower in some points more than others. I honestly can't find any cons.

Flavia said...

i like this photo and how you took it really close up to the flower. I think that makes it a different perspective than you would usually see a flower. Also I like how bright the red pops out of the photo. This photo is nice because you have to guess what the photo is of because of how you zoomed in and I like how that is.

Unknown said...

I was actually concerned that the center of the flower was a little too out of focus, but I do agree that I like the contrast of the textures of the flower as well.