Sunday, April 13

Alex_ Marian Macro flowers


 
I decided to choose this photo for my post this sunday from the Marian macro assignment because I thought this photo was one of my favorites of the macro Marian assignment. I like the angle I took this photo. I also like the vibrant purple flowers because it really draws your attention to this photo. I also like the macro effect because it makes this photo look interesting to the viewer. I also like the framing of this photo because it makes the photo stand out in a unique way. I also like the lighting for this photo because you can see all of the amazing features of nature in this photo. I also like the effect with the flowers in almost complete focus and the mulch surrounding the flowers are not really in focus because it adds depth to this photo. I also like the edited version because you can see a vignette-like effect around the corners of the photo. I also like the original photo because of the bright green stems because it makes this photo catch your eye also. I also like the bottom photo because it creates a black & white color still life effect to this photo. I also like the contrast in the edited version because it makes this photo have a nice contrast between the front flower stems which were light green in the original but are grey in the edited version compared to the back stems of the flowers which were slightly darker green in the original. The edited version in black and white makes the photo have a dark black shade which adds a good contrast between them. I also like the calmness of this photo because it isn't an intense photo. I think the contrast, lighting and variety of color makes this photo very important because without some of these features this photo wouldn't look as great as they are right now. I took this photo outside of Marian as part of the Marian macro assignment in natural lighting, without flash. I used macro, soft-snap focus adjustments, and auto iso in the original photo. In the edited photo I used Picasa for the edited one using the black and white effect, holga-ish effect, and warmify in the edited photo. 

No comments: