Sunday, November 17

Alex_Misc

I took this photo when I was in Montreal for the Montreal/Quebec trip last weekend. I decided to choose this photo for my miscellaneous post because I like the many different varieties of color, light, contrast, and shadows in this photo because it makes this photo appear beautiful. I also like how the Cathedral's structure is in almost perfect focus, because it draws your attention to the artistic architecture of the Notre Dame Cathedral. I also like how the lights on the pillars are lit because it shows the amazing textures and features on the Cathedral's brilliance. I also like how the top corners of the cathedral are darkened because it makes this photo appear uniquely to the viewer, which is very important to the focus point of this photo. The focus point in this photo is on the amazing structure of the cathedral's gothic architecture, which gives the viewer an artistic point-of-view towards the amazing structures, light, colors, tones, texture, and depth to this photo. I wish this photo was in total focus, because it would reflect the full and genuine beauty of the Notre Dame Cathedral. I also think it would show more of the amazing gothic style, colors, and texture to this photo. I took this photo without flash, using natural light, macro, ISO 400 speed, auto white balance setting, and 1/8 shutter speed. Even though, this photo wasn't aligned perfectly this was the best photo out of my 5 other attempts to get this as amazing as I could possibly take this photo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hey alex! ireally like this photo! i really like the lighting and how it is dark and how some key elements really show through. i also really like how it is vivid. overall great quality!

cristian correia said...

The lighting in this photo really captured my eyes. The mix of blues and yellows really stands out and bring the whole feel of being inside a cathedral. Great photo Alex.