Sunday, April 6

Teddy_Chair


I took this photo today in my dining room. I took it of an antique straw seated chair. I like it how the light is reflecting into three different areas of the photo. I like it how the light is reflecting on part of the straw chair, under the chair, and on the wall. I like the light cast it projected from the window in the left corner of the photo. I think the way I took this photo makes it look almost like an impressionist art styled painting from the late 1800s. I like this so much that I made a copy of the original version of the photo and edited it using iPhoto and changed it to black & white and used the fade effect to darken the photo. With the edited version in black & white it gives the photo more of perspective for stronger details in the photo making it look more antique and an oldie feeling to the viewer. I think that if I didn't take this photo at that time the photo would not be as interesting as a photo as it was for this one. I don't think I would have changed anything in this photo because it really is a great photo both the original and the edited versions bring the viewer to have an interesting feel for the emotion of the photo. I think the feel of the photo in the edited one gives it a more professional feel for the viewer than the one in color which is why I chose to have an edited version as well to give it a more unique look to the photo. 


2 comments:

riley warr said...

This picture is awesome. I really like the composition and the balance throughout the photo. Also, the lighting and colors are very nice in the original. The colored one is much better in my opinion. Nice job!

junianny santos said...

I really like this picture you took! The lighting beneath the chair helps the picture stand out because it looks more still. Like a normal house would be. I like how you shot this image from a lower angle it gives the person a different sight from what they would usually see when they look at a picture. (this is a makeup comment)