Sunday, October 20

Alex_Still Life

I chose this photo for my still life assignment because, I thought this photo was the best among 60 photographs i had taken yesterday. I like this photo mainly because of the many varieties of color, depth-of-field, contrast, and saturation. I also like this photo because of the water reflection, and the slightly visible water movement perfectly aligned with the lower branch of the cedar tree. This makes the photo appear better. I also like how the setting of the bay draws upon the subject point-of-view on the cedar tree. I think the most important part of this photo is the location style because it draws your focus on a few things like, the water channel, the wild plants, hills, and the cedar tree. I also like how this photo blurred the water channel out and the wild plants along it. This creates an artistic feel and viewpoint towards the viewer, which is the most important part. This also lets the viewer identify different things in this photo and create a describe their feel in this photograph. This photograph was taken on Saturday morning around 10:15 in Rhode Island. I took this photograph with natural lighting, auto focus, auto ISO speed, auto adjustment setting, multi AF focus, auto white balance, without flash, and using normal contrast settings. I wish some of the berries on the cedar tree weren't out of focus because it took away some artistic details for this still life photograph. I also wish I could change the exposure levels for the sky, water, and the landscape styles in the background. If this photo was not partially exposed it would look much more interesting, and appear more naturally.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I really love this photo. It makes me imagine that I am in a big forest where has all kinds of animals and a small wooden house, and I live there. I like the cedar tree very much, and I like the color as well. The background is green but already blurred out, which makes the whole photo like a painting. I like this photo!

Unknown said...

I really like this photo. I love the colors and the layout and composition of the photo. I love how the colors of the trees and berries contrast against the lake. I also like how the depth of field is so shallow. it adds more central focus and interest to the shot. Lastly, i like the way the light reflects off of the water and the very deep greens in the back.