Sunday, October 20

Brown_Still Life


I chose this photo because I like it how the sunlight had reflected from my family room skylight window. I chose to use a baseball for my subject because it would have best effect to the photo. I like it how the sunlight casted onto my baseball making an interesting shadow outline to the right of the photo. I liked that with all the sun reflecting in the area of the room where the baseball is made the mirror behind the baseball all black. I also like it how everything in the background is completely blurred and out of focus, when the photo is viewed close up. In the photo the black lines on the ground are reflected from the skylight window pane shadows are also reflected on the stairs. which also gives the photo a bit of feeling that it almost looks like it could be a very realistic painting. This makes the photo much more interesting for the viewer, with the full feeling that the baseball is rolling toward the camera. This makes the photo have three dimensional look to it that it is about to pop out of the photo and bounce onto the ground in front of the person who's viewing the photo. I thought this was the perfect moment to take this photo and I was glad to take it when the sun was reflecting in this area of the room if I didn't take it I don't think the photo would have looked as interesting as this one.

2 comments:

Megan Bubello said...

I really love your photo! I really like the depth of field in this photo. I like how the baseball is in clear focus and most of the background is out of focus. I also really like the shadow that is cast by the ball and really adds depth to the photo. The lighting in this photo is also very nice. The only thing i would change about this photo would be the background because it is a bit distracting. Nice work!!!

Unknown said...

I like the black back, I think it really blends in with the sun coming in from the window. I like how sharp the image is of the baseball.