Sunday, November 18

Duchaney_Miniature Buildings

I took this with my Canon PowerShot SX110IS on macro setting using only available light coming in from the window. This is my mom's little collection of little landmarks that we've visited: Mount Vernon, Giverny, Monticello, a Martha's Vineyard gingerbread house, and the Nubble Lighthouse. At first I was disappointed that I could not give the photo a white background without losing the dramatic shadows, but then I grew to like the backdrop of the trees outside my window. The fact that there are no leaves makes the white surface resemble snow. The photo is a little bright on the right next to Mount Vernon, and I would have liked to have been able to show a little more detail of the miniatures in the back, but I do like the depth that the blurriness shows.

2 comments:

MorganMacDougall said...

I like this photo because of the house in the front, which is really in focus. But what I would change would be to have the other houses more in focus as well. And maybe even to find a different light source because I think that the white on the bottom in contrast with the shadows takes away from the houses.

Unknown said...

This picture is so beautiful. I like the way the main object is only one focus, and the other objects behind blurred by out focusing. I consider this picture is valuable since the photographer use the merit of camera aperture.