Saturday, December 1

Duchaney_Christmas Shoes

 

 
I photographed my formal shoes and their matching purses with my Canon PowerShot SX110IS on indoor setting using only available light from the lamps in my family room and the white Christmas lights on the tree. I put them under the Christmas tree because the red tree skirt provided a good color for a background. I liked how the more neutral colors contrasted with the more vibrant red. I also included some of the branches to incorporate a Christmas theme, as I figured someone trying to sell the shoes and purses at this time of year would. I like how the metalic silver and gold matches the Christmas theme. The edited version crops out most of the wall at the top left corner and makes the colors warmer, as I intended the light to appear.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the both pictures. Both pictures are clear. I like the way the objects are placed on the red carpet thingy, which makes objects more valuable. I can see there are two different lights. I think the first one, I guess its yellowish light since i can see the yellowish reflection on the each objects. The second picture is taken under the fluorescent lights because the objects is mostly reflecting white light.

carolinemcgrath said...

I like many things about both pictures. I think using a holiday themed back drop was a very good idea. I also like the was the gold, silver, and black pops against the red. I also like how bright the picture is. It is clear you put a lot of effort into the picture, and it payed off.