Sunday, October 27

Alex_Still Life


I chose this photo for my still life assignment because I think this photo had an interesting appearance. I like this photo because of the lighting, contrast, focus, depth of field, tone, and texture. I like how the light is casted on the leaves because it captures the full detail of the leaf structure. I also like how the other leaves are blurred out of focus because it keeps your eye on the focus point. I also like this photo because of the different shadows, and range of colors which brings this photo to the viewers perspective. I also like the blurred background because it creates a mosaic-like effect to this still life. I also like how the leaf was almost perfectly centered because it creates an interesting appearance to this still life photo. This also makes the photo appear much more structurally, and artistically for this photo. I think the landscape behind the leaves, out of focus makes this photo look much more interesting. I wish the tip of the leaf wasn't partially blurred out because it distorts the important qualities of nature for this still life photo. I also wish this photo wasn't too bright because it affects the appearance to this photo for the viewers appeal. I took this photo with auto focus settings, macro, without flash, and using the manual ISO speed. I took this photo outside in natural light, with some slight natural errors.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

I like this picture because I like how the leave in the foreground is crisp and clear while the leaves in the background are blurred out.

Unknown said...

i like this pic a lot! i love how it can draw you're attention to the little dots on the leaf and blurs out the background.

cristian correia said...

This is probably one of the best photos I have seen all year. The clearness of the leaf really stands out, and the fact you cant see anything in the background besides nature makes it a beautiful photo. The grass in the background looks so green and smooth, and In my opinion the background makes the photo.