Sunday, May 18

Alex_Flower



 I chose this photo for this weeks post because I thought this photo was a nice still photo. In the original photo on top I like the vibrant color of violet-purple color on the flower compared to the top of the flower has a little bit of light pink to it. I like the angle of this photo because the flower is almost completely centered and the flower is almost completely straightly aligned. I also like that the flower is the only object in focus and the rest of the background isn't. I like the lighting in this photo because it isn't too harsh on the quality of the photo. It also isn't extremely bright that it could be less interesting to look at. I like the effect with the mulch is out of focus because it creates a kind of wavy pattern in this photo. I also like the green grass around the flower because it adds nice contrast to this photo. In the second photo I edited the color of the photo. I boosted the color of the grass, mulch and the saturation of the flower to make this photo have a different point of view and perspective. I also like the different color of the mulch in the edited photo because it looks more interesting and colorful to the viewer. In the bottom photo I desaturated the color of the photo to make this photo have a balance of whites, grays, and blacks to this photo. I also like the glowing shade of white in the bottom photo because it makes this photo stand out more to the viewer. I also like the way the flower looks like in black and white because it adds a good contrast to the rest of the photo. I took this photo about a week and a half ago outside of school, without flash, using auto focus adjustments, macro, and auto iso settings. In the edited photos I used Picasa to change the saturation, boost the color, created an old-fashioned film effect on Picasa, and in the bottom photo I used the holga-ish effect on Picasa to make this photo balance the whites and black color for this photo.

No comments: