Sunday, March 11

Herlihy_Barren Wasteland

For this photo, I tried to get an idea of what winter has left behind as spring is getting closer. This area is usually filled with green leaves and vines, long fines that go on forever and with this photo, I try to capture what it looks like with just brown twigs everywhere. The color scheme I think looks great as it is a dry brown that fills the photo mostly, but the problem is that their is nothing to focus on. I tried to look for something that would either define the barren wasteland or hope that an early flower bloomed from the warm weather. Both cases did not happen so a more of a landscape photo took place. Even so, the ways the the dead twigs just scattering left, right, up and down is really the main point of the picture.

2 comments:

Jerry chen said...

I think this picture looks kind of messy but I still can tell the theme of the picture. I think If you focuse on one main object and use the whole area as the background will be a better picture

Clara said...

I think this is an interesting photo. I think it has good flow that goes up and down. Something I would change is the random twigs that goes sideways kind of take away. If everything was going the same direction I think it would draw more attention to it.