Tuesday, December 18

Dilbarian_ icy roads

I took this picture in my driveway about mid- afternoon while the ice was starting to melt.  The picture was taken in direct sunlight with out flash.  I like the way your eyes follow down the driveway while looking at the picture.  I also like how the first thing you see is the large piece of broken and melted ice with the reflection from the sun.  I think that the short depth of field really draws your eye in and then pushes it across to the back of the photo.  If i were to change anything about the photo, I would have moved the pole in the background or even moved farther down the driveway. 

3 comments:

Amanda Garner said...

This photograph is interesting. The focus is on the hunk of ice directly centered and then forces your eyes to follow it back. It shows depth is a great way. This layers of ice and indents in the ice add texture to the photo as well as focal points. Good job.

Unknown said...

I really like this picture because the angle is really cool. When you look at the ground and see a piece of ice you don't usually get down and stare at it and look for all the details. Because its so close up i thought that this was a picture of a river or something much bigger.

Unknown said...

I like this picture because it shows the ice at a level that you normally wouldn't look at it, making the photo much more interesting. I like how you can see every detail of the ice and how there is nothing distracting in the background; your eyes focus on the ice.