Sunday, March 17

Duchaney_Class Ring Engraving



I took this photo of my engraved signature on the inside of my class ring with my Canon Powershot SX110IS on macro setting. I used available light coming in from my open front door and placed the ring on a white foamcore board to give the photo a simple background. I think the plain background contributed to the effect of the shadows when the photo was desaturated. I like how clear the engraving is. However, I wish the shine on the bottom right of the ring was less harsh.

2 comments:

Amanda Garner said...

I like this picture a lot. It has a great use of light. I think it looks so much better in black and white. The light hits the ring in an interesting way. It almost looks like an ad for a ring. Very creative.

Unknown said...

I think I liked both the black and white and the color because they both turned out neutral