Sunday, December 9

Duchaney_Christmas Room

I took this with my Canon PowerShot SX110IS on indoor setting using only the available light from the lights in my family room and kitchen. I moved extra furniture and clutter out of the way to try to capture a Christmas scene in my house.The parts of the room farthest away from me closest to the tree are not in as good focus as I had hoped. The artificial lighting in my house is not very good, but I also didn't want too much light because I wanted the lights on the wreath and the tree to be emphasized. I like the warm colors of the room and the fact that I didn't have to edit the picture to achieve that effect. If I could retake this photo, I would have a fire in the fireplace to add both light and Christmas spirit. I would also try to remove aby cords from the photo.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I like the warm colors in this photo and how the lights on the tree/wreath stand out. I feel however, that this photo could be better balanced if some of the objects were arranged on the right side of the photo.

Flavia said...

I like this photo and how the arrangement of the furniture is set and everything is nice and neat. I also like the warm colors in the room from the light source in the room. I agree also that there should be more things in the right corner to make the picture more balanced.