Sunday, March 10

Duchaney_Blinds


 I took this photo of the blinds in my bathroom with my Canon Powershot 110ISIS on indoor macro setting. Recently, I've been taking a lot of photos using only light coming from behind the subject, like in this one where the only light in the room was coming from outside the window on the other side of the blinds. I like how, because you can't see the edge of the window or the wall, the lines of the blinds seem infinite and the subject appears to be more like a pattern than an object. I also think the angle is unique because this is not how we typically view blinds. Also, because it was taken from below, the blinds are in shadow whereas if they had been taken from any other angle, they would have appeared to be more lit, making the photo less dramatic.

No comments: