Monday, February 27

McGarry_PersonPlaceThing

The first photo (in no particular order) is a lake view from a small cliff near my neighborhood (place). I like the way the trees show up against the lake. the second photo is a picture of a doll that someone had wedged between a sign and a telephone pole (thing). I like the how the shape and colors of the doll stand out against everything else. the third photo is a picture is an old buoy, also against a telephone pole (thing). I like how it fits in with everything else in the background, even though it is from a completely different environment. all of the photos were taken outdoors with no flash, the place one on an overcast day and the the things in bright, cloudless days.

4 comments:

Isabella said...

I really like the first picture. The tree branches give the photo lots of flow. The second picture doesn't really have much flow but its very well focused. The background in the third photo is a little distracting but the lighting is great.

Trevor H. said...

The thing photo with the doll I think is the better of the pictures as it just focuses on the idea of there are children near by. The sign is really the main attention grabber and the baby doll just reinforces the statement for people to see. It's a nice idea and all, but the doll and the signs are the only subjects that really relate to each other. If there was maybe kids playing in the background or like colored chalk drawing on the side walk that was shown in the photo from children playing, then it would defenitly make the photo more interesting.

Nick said...

I like the picture of the doll next to the telephone pole. I like how you chose to represent a person with both the doll and the street sign. If I could change something, i would probably have zoomed in more. I think the background in this photo is distracting

james mcgarry said...

I really appreciate your comment, trevor! I never even thought of putting kids or anything in the photo. I'll definetly keep an eye out for things like that in the future.