Sunday, February 3

Duchaney_Portrait

I took this with my Canon Powershot SX110IS for my second term projct. It was meant to be for fashion photography, but I decided not to use it because her scarf and sleeve is cut off. I love this photo as a portrait because her face really is the focal point. Her skin looks very smooth and her facial expression is calm. I also like how her eyes match her shirt. I liked the wood and snow in the background, but I really wish I had moved whatever that stick was behind her.

3 comments:

alisonkcondon said...

I think overall this is a great photo! But the background, near the left side, is a bit distracting.

Millie Bache said...

I really like this photo it is a great portrait. You captured her very well, with great lighting, at an aesthetically pleasing angle and with a good background. the only thing I would change would be to crop the photo in a bit to eliminate the distracting detail in the background that draws away from the photo.

Unknown said...

I didn't crop the photo because I wanted to keep her centered, but I do agree the left background is distracting. If I could do it again, I would move her to the right so I would only get the larger cabinet as a beckdrop.